Saturday, May 10, 2008

Skating


Jakob and Jaden had a skating party with their cub scout friends this evening. Being at the skating rink brought back so many memories of when I was a young teenager! It was just funny for me to look around and think of when I would get dropped off on a Friday night with a group of friends and we would skate and have so much fun. I remember those days with really fond memories! Jakob is a real go-getter. He probably won't be reading this so I can say...he isn't the greatest skater YET, but he really tries and just keeps going after what he wants. He fell down probably 2 dozen times and just kept picking himself up. They have a beginner rink that is just great. I wish they would have had that when I was learning. He wants nothing to do with that. When the lights go down and the disco ball is shining, he is right there in the middle as clumbsy as he is. I was really proud of him tonight! Jaden, on the other hand, is my cautious one. He might try something for a little while and if he is not instantly perfect at it he wants to hang up the skates and move on. So, that's exactly what he did. He clung to my arm for dear life and tried and then decided skating wasn't for him. He hung out around the arcade games and played with his friends. I have two opposite ends of the spectrum for sure!