Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter


Here is an excerpt from a wonderful children's Bible...


They nailed Jesus to the cross.


"Father, forgive them, " Jesus gasped. "They don't understand what they are doing."


"You say you have come to rescue us!" people shouted. "But you can't even rescue yourself!"


But they were wrong. Jesus could have rescued himself. A legion of angels would have flown to his side-if he'd called.


"If you were really the Son of God, you could just climb down off that cross!" they said.


And of course they were right. Jesus could have just climbed down. Actually, he could have just said a word and made it all stop. Like when he healed the little girl. And stilled the storm. And fed 5000 people.


But Jesus stayed.


You see, they didn't understand. It wasn't the nails that kept Jesus there.


It was love.

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I have seen this book on Amazon. Do you own it? Looks like it's a good one. I need to get my older boys some new bibles. Need to start looking to see which kind I want to get. Any suggestions?

The Rhoderick Family said...

This is an excellent choice for your younger kiddos. It is an amazing Bible! For the older boys I have The Treasure Study Bible and it has topics for them to find scripture about and also Devotionals, but is def. for older kids.

Jeanie said...

My daughter had the Adventyre Bible back in K-2nd when she was in private school so she needs new as well as the boys. Thanks I may get this for my 4 yo old then : )