Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 15th

Today is a special day to me. It is Infant Loss Awareness Day! Many women that I know, myself included have been forced to endure such a painful thing when we have lost our children. I hope that you all will remember those precious babies today. Those that we didn't get to hold and those that we only held for a moment. We had hopes and dreams for their little lives! They are safe in the arms of our Father in Heaven. Thank you Jesus!

We remember them today, but as a parent who has lost children there isn't a day or moment that goes by where I am not thinking of my precious children. Sometimes it feels like I am the only one who does remember them because they were mine and I was the one that carried them. I hope this is not the case. Please say a prayer today for all those mommies and daddies who have suffered such painful losses.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Thinking of little Jillian today, and all the other babies. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

The Rhoderick Family said...

Thank you Betsy! It means the world to me. You are in my thoughts and prayers as well. Stay warm!

Angela & Albert Fontenot said...

Kari,
The bible verse that you posted is my very favorite. I heard it in my head when I was first pregnant with Drew, before I had ever read it. Family pressure was intense to abort as I was only 18. I heard that verse in my head, it was fuzzy but I knew it was God speaking. I went looking in the bible for it, because I knew it would be there and sure enough, there it was. It's my favorite.
I think very often of Jillian. Since I met you, I think of Jillian each time I deliver a baby. I told my sister(who is a labor and deliver nurse) Jillian's story when she was asked to take the lead on her nurses committee to design a special labor and delivery wing for parents who's babies have been lost, or who aren't expected to live long. I know that she carries Jillian's story in her heart when she works with these very special families. I am sorry for your sadness today, and each day as I know that she is never far from your mind.

The Rhoderick Family said...

Thank you so much Angela! I love the verse too and I am so glad that good can come out of something so devastating. I love the idea of special care taken to families who don't get a happy ending. Those families still deserve to have this moment as peaceful as it can possibly be. The staff at Keesler AFB was fabulous to us and met our needs so wonderfully. It takes a special nurse to handle a grieving family.

Christy said...

Thank you for this post and for sharing. Remembering your little one and thinking about you guys!!