Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Christmas at the Rhoderick house!

It has been our tradition since the kids started school that we do our own personal family Christmas the day that they get out of school for their holiday break. It is a great thing for the boys to look forward to on the Friday before Christmas. Tonight after daddy gets home I am making Potato soup for us. We will eat Christmas cookies, drink hot chocolate, open our gifts, play with our gifts, then watch a Christmas movie while we eat popcorn! Our children know the true meaning of Christmas as a time when we celebrate Jesus' birth. The birth of our Savior who would come to the earth, be born in a manger, live a perfect life and die a very painful death on the cross for our sins! Thank you Jesus for your mercy and grace! We will live our lives to serve you each and every day.

2 comments:

In The Potter's Hands said...

That sounds like a great tradition! I love your new picture, ya'll are such a good looking family! I must say your music gave me quite a fright because it didn't come on right away and I wasn't expecting it!

The Rhoderick Family said...

It scares me everytime too! Sometimes the computer is turned up too loud and it gets me. :)