Monday, February 9, 2009

Clam Chowder Anyone?

Tonight's dinner was Homemade Clam Chowder and Apple Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream, of course! The recipe for the Clam Chowder came from a wonderful lady at our church. She so generously shared her own personal recipe with me and I was a little intimidated to try it out because hers is soooo delicious! I tried it this evening and it turned out just right. I got rave reviews from each member of my family. :)

Cook 1 package Bacon until crispy
Cook onion in bacon grease until tender and drain
Peel and cut up about 5-6 potatoes cover with water
Stir in one cup of flour, add bacon, onions and 1 stalk of chopped celery.
Cook until potatoes are done- stirring often!
add salt, pepper, and thyme to taste
1/2 package of velveeta
2 cans of clams (do not drain)
8 oz. sour cream
HEAT & SERVE

1 comments:

The Rhoderick Family said...

By the way...you can alter the amounts of ingredients to your taste. The recipe called for 2-4 cans of clams.