Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update on Family

Well the month of February has proved to be a very exciting month so far. I guess exciting might be a good word.

We'll start with Matt...last Thursday when he came home from work as I was standing at the stove cooking out dinner he breaks it to me that in May there is a really good chance that he will be deployed for 6 LONG months! My stomach immediately knotted up and I couldn't even eat. Our family has done a 6 month deployment before and I know we would all survive, but that doesn't mean I want to do it again. We are most concerned about the kids. Matt is doing everything in his power to get out of it, but it looks like it might be inevitable. We are praying for God's Will to be done and if that's him leaving we will get through it.

On Sunday, March 1st I will be Ordained as the Children's Minister at CrossPointe Christian Church. I am really excited to have that become official. It is an honor to serve the Lord in this way. The youth group that we have so far is filled with children that have a strong desire to be a part of the family of God and want to learn all about the Bible. It has been very exciting to see these young ones make decisions for Christ.

Which brings me to my middle child Jaden! He will be baptized on Sunday by his daddy. He has been asking to be baptized for a good year and we have been just taking the time to talk to him and make sure he was ready for such an important decision. He is ready to make Jesus his Lord and Savior! We are thrilled!!! In other Jaden news...he just got over having the Chicken Pox. A mild case of them, but the chicken pox none the less. He was out of school from Wednesday to Tuesday and was happy to be back.

Jakob's news is that he is battling the flu. He woke up on Tuesday morning and had gotten sick in his bed. He continued to be sick ALL DAY on Tuesday and into the evening. He made it through the night and seems much better today! We kept him home today to make sure that he could keep food down and could regain his strength. He was pretty weak from all the events from yesterday!

Jameson has been a little trooper through all the sickness going on around him. We are hoping that he can hold out and not get what we think is probably inevitable. The boys just can't stay out of his face. They just love each other so much. We have been working on potty training with him. He is showing interest and has been wearing underwear most days when we are at home. He has yet to keep them dry for an extended period of time, but his interest is enough to make us happy.

So that's the news and it's only the 11Th! It can only go up from here RIGHT??????

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Congrats on your new ministry position! I'm sure you're great at that.

I'll be praying about Matt's possible deployment. Having watched my sister's family go through that, I know how hard it is. Her husband just got home right before Christmas, just in time for the birth of their third child, after being in Saudi Arabia for six months. And that wasn't the first six-month stint he had served. I'll be thinking about you!

The Rhoderick Family said...

Thank you so much! We are praying and praying that he won't have to go.

Tammy said...

Kari,

You are one of the strongest women that I know! I am so proud of you, and your faith is inspiring to me! We are praying for you all!

The Rhoderick Family said...

Thanks Tammy! That means so much to me. :) I wish you all could be at my ordination. That would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

See! I don't know anything!!! I didn't know that you were being ordained! Congrats! You so-o-o-o deserve it!

Esther said...

We will be praying for you guys and Matt's possible deployment. Congratulations on your ordination.