Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Weekend


It has been a while since I have posted anything so I thought I'd update our weekend. Matt and I traveled to Kansas City on Friday for a wedding. We dropped the kids off at my mom and dad's on Friday morning and headed on our way. They had a fabulous time going to a High School football game, going to a Corn Maze, riding bikes, and playing at Grammy & Grandpa's house. Matt and I spent a fun weekend with very good friends of ours, Wes, Amy, and their sweet little girl Kendall. Kendall is about 8-9 months older than Jameson so we enjoyed playing with her. She reminded us a lot of him. Friday, Matt and Wes golfed while Amy, Kendall and I relaxed and went for Ice Cream. Saturday was wedding day and everything was so beautiful! Sunday we headed home for some friends of ours wedding vow renewal. It was a very relaxing weekend that was long over-due. The last time we spent any length of time away from our kids was in April when Matt broke his leg and that was far from enjoyable! Monday was Columbus Day and the boys didn't have school so we took them to the park, driving range, they played football in the yard, then we went to Nana and Papaw's for dinner. Jaden and daddy went to the Air Traffic Control Tower on base for a tour as part of his Cub Scouts. Today life is back to normal. The boys are at school, daddy is back to work and Jameson is wondering where everyone is at.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm glad you had a well-deserved weekend away. Sounds like it was lots of fun!

Angela & Albert Fontenot said...

Ahhhh, time alone!!! I'm so jealous!
Glad you guys had a fun weekend. I'm sure the boys had a blast with their grandparents.
The cub scout trip sounds really cool.
Hope I see you soon. I miss you!
angela