Thursday, March 12, 2009

Big Time Boo Boo


Well this morning as we pulled into our drive way from taking Jaden to school after he missed the bus the excitement began. I was focused on the Waste Management truck at the end of our driveway. They didn't seem to be taking our trash, but were just sitting at the end of our driveway. I was sort of concerned b/c we really needed our trash taken. There was a lot of trash! It couldn't wait another week. So I was looking down at the end of the road. Jameson was supposed to be headed toward the house. At the last second he reached back into the van as I SLAMMED the sliding door...right on his hand! It closed, latched...for what seemed like a whole minute Jameson stood in silence as his hand/thumb was IN the door. I opened it back up as quickly as I could and then the screaming began. It immediatly was bright red and purple! I took him in and grabbed a bag of frozen veggies and put that on there while he was screaming anyway. I was only able to do that for maybe a minute or two. His hand in the knuckle area by his thumb started to swell a lot, turned bright red and was really hot to the touch. I called his pediatrician and told him what happened. He suggested we come in and get it checked out. He let Dr. Cleveland touch and squeeze all around it without any trouble. But if I even looked at it wrong he was in tears. hmmmmm! Anyway...moving right along. They sent us down to X-Ray and took 3 pictures. There was no break, which was a huge blessing. The doctor was surprised by the look of it that it wasn't fractured. They wrapped his hand up in a tiny little ace bandage and told me to keep it like that for a couple days. He said it would help with the swelling. Mommy, of course feels horrible!!!! What a day!!!

0 comments: