Sunday, March 29, 2009

Birthdays!



Well the 26th of March I celebrated the big 3-0 birthday! It was a fabulous day on Thursday and Matt took the day off to be with me. My good friend Ora watched Jameson and he was thrilled to get to play with Sara and the other Averett kiddos. Matt and I went to Bread Company for breakfast and then to an early movie. It was so relaxing. On Thursday night we went to Jeff and Theresa's (Matt's parents) for my birthday dinner. It was a my favorite meal complete with Shrimp Alfredo and Key Lime Pies. Yummy!!! On Friday night we had a Family Movie Night. The plan was to rent Bolt, but it was totally sold out so we settled on Beverly Hills Chihuahua. It was a very cute movie and we all enjoyed that. Jaden also opened his gifts from us, which he was thrilled about.

On Saturday we traveled over to Missouri to spend the day with my family. My mom had set up a wonderful luncheon at Miss Aimee B's Tea House in Old St. Charles. It was such good food and awesome friends that joined us. That evening we grilled out for Jaden's birthday. Uncle Jim prepared some awesome food and we topped the evening off with an Ice Cream cake that was to die for!

Finally, Sunday the 29th came and this is Jaden's actual birthday! We went to church this morning and had a meal with our church family. Then we went and watched Jakob and Alysha get baptized which was totally a wonderful moment. Back to Nana and Papaw's house to have Jaden's birthday dinner complete with Hamburgers/Hotdogs, Mac n' Cheese, Watergate Salad and Ice Cream Sunday's. This was all Jaden's planning!!! It was a very fun weekend of celebration. Jaden is thrilled to be 7 and I am handling my new number 30!!! Thank you to everyone for all the Birthday Wishes. It has been a great weekend.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARI! Wish I could have made your birthday luncheon...we were in Ks. City..but I thought of you! I didn't realize that Jaden shared my birthday on the actual day! (and Gary Bryant's too!) Happy Birthday Jaden! Kari, you are entering the BEST years...I loved my 30's! Enjoy! (you look fabulous btw!)

Angela & Albert Fontenot said...

Happy Birthday Kari and Jaden! We love you guys so much. Glad you had such a beautiful weekend!
love,
ang

Jeanie said...

Happy very late bday. 30 isn't bad @ all : )
I will be 31 this Mother's Day. Hope you had a wonderful bday.