Monday, March 9, 2009

Mothering is Tough!

Mothering is the hardest job in the whole entire world. There are many days when I wonder..."Am I doing these kids any good by being their mom?" I feel like I say the same things to them over and over and it still doesn't sink in. I try to teach them the love of God and show them by example what it means to actually LIVE as a Christian and not just spout off that I am one! Sometime's I feed into trying to rationalize with them by explaining why I am telling them certain things to do. I also sometimes feed into the arguments that they try to have with me when my answer is NO! I have been trying really hard to not get into that trap and explaining to them how disrespectful it is for them to act this way. It is a constant battle and I realize that I am not meant to be their best friend in this season of parenting. If I do my job correctly, that part of our relationship will hopefully come. I have a strong desire for them to respect me and the way that I acheive that respect is through discipline. Children long for this type of discipline so that they know boundries and are secure in life. They have to know how to follow rules or they will be in for a life of serious trouble because our world is full of laws to obey...or else. The thing that I have been forgetting in this tough parenting process is something I was reminded of today. I need to be asking God for wisdom each and every day for how to raise these 3 boys. They each have different needs and personalities and the only way I will know how to raise them up to love the Lord is to ask HIM for wisdom! He promises us that he will give us the wisdom that we ask for. So I just need to remember to daily ASK for it!!!!

James 1:5 Is any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks he must believe and not doubt because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

1 comments:

Betsy said...

It sounds like you're a really good mom, and I've learned a lot from you just through your blog. Your boys will be able to see how much you love them, and I'm sure they'll turn out just fine!