Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fun Day with MOPS


Jameson and I had a very fun day with our MOPS group yesterday! We went to Troy, Illinois to Great Skate. They set up the skating rink with all sorts of fun bounce houses and obstacle courses. It was fabulous because the children were all preschool age so none of them were in fear of getting run over. They also got to bring bikes, scooters to ride around on. The mommies also got in on the action and took many trips up the wall with our 2 year olds hanging on for dear life. I am rather sore today, but not as much from that as from the Bungee Run!!! I thought it looked like so much fun to put this vest on with a bungee cord attached to the end of it. The object is to run as fast as you can and once the resistance hits you see how far you can make it go. There is a measurement in the middle of the 2 lanes. So, Kari the graceful ones takes off running and once the resistance hits that bungee cord flung me straight back and my glasses flew off my face. It was quite a sight I am sure!!! Needless to say, I think I gave myself whip lash and my neck is feeling the effects of the wise choice.

We then went to McDonald's for lunch with some of our friends. Nap time was super easy! Jameson went without even a wimper! I was exhausted too. It was a really fun day and we are hoping to go back to the Great Skate and do it again sometime!!!

0 comments: